About UTS Overview
Know It Well and Do It Well
Having roots in building and operating our own tollways, we are uniquely qualified to develop and have built the next generation of tolling solutions. UTS solutions are not simply the result of superior in-lane hardware and custom software but stem from our intimate knowledge of the requirements and business challenges in tolling and our proven ability to deliver for our customers. UTS is not the typical toll system integrator – we are a Strategic Partner and Solution Provider, solving each customer’s unique business challenges, such as:
- Supporting general contractors with tollway construction designs
- Presenting specialized user training
- Funding of the toll collection system using the UTS long term leasing and maintenance program
- Providing completely integrated total toll management system solutions or providing key components of our toll management system to enhance your existing system
- Providing 24/7/365 remote monitoring and maintenance
Our talented professionals, with diverse knowledge and skills drawn from inside and outside the tolling industry, solve tolling issues with a fresh perspective. We work with UTS specialists in engineering, computer science, physics, information systems, management, and finance.
We select global manufacturing and fabricating partners the same way. Exclusivity agreements with our partners allow UTS to manage inventory responsively and control product pricing and overall quality of highly specialized hardware components.
Innovation and Patents
UTS invests millions of dollars in research and development of tolling solutions, leading to UTS products, many of which are patented or have patents pending:
- Infinity∞ , our modular, digital lane system™
- Digital Video and Audit System (DVAS™) that provides full synchronization of video and still images to transactions and events,
- Intelligent Vehicle Identification System (IVIS™),
- Vehicle Capture and Recognition System (VCARS™), our dual camera, stereoscopic image capture system
- TekTrak™, our patent-pending gantry equipment track and rail mounting system,
- Maintenance Monitoring Centers (MMC), our dedicated 24/7 remote monitoring and maintenance facilities, and
- Toll Management Console, our highly-customizable toll management software suite.
As a privately-held company, we are in a unique position to architect technical solutions and
service our customers in an unprecedented way.
Our capital investments in research and development provide some of the most reliable and upgradeable systems available in the market. Our forward thinking approach provides an excellent opportunity for us to utilize technologies such as Microsoft .NET, C#, and Microsoft SQL Server to develop our next generation toll management software.